Now, it has become a battle...payback time. We dread mealtimes.
His favourite SHOOP and RISSE comes back out of this mouth, pushed out by his tongue.
Fruit pulp also gets pushed out after he has sucked it dry of juices.
When he spies something ELSE he would rather eat, whatever is currently in his mouth gets pushed out too.
He is rejecting ALL his usual foods, except for junk food.
Cereal - NO
Avocado with cereal - NO
Fish - NO
French Fries - Yes
Biscuits - Yes
Rice with Veggie - NO
Meat chunks - NO
Given his intolerance to milk protein, I'm at a loss as to what to feed him for breakfast. Lord I pray I don't have to resort to PRATA!
I think this is also partly due to the fact that his caregiver generously dishes out the salt. SIGH.
He even rejects food...JUST FOR FUN! ARGH! This afternoon, the only way I could make him eat his lunch was to hide his rice/veggie/fish under chunks of sweet potato. He only wants TATO! TATO! and he makes his point clear by inspecting each spoonful.
This had better be just a phase where he is learning to assert himself and make known his preferences. Brrrrr.
said...
welcome to the club. not being mean lah, but it's a phase our toddlers go through. M used to eat everything, then reject everything. he can be quite picky at times too. dun stress urself out. M also used to eat a lot, now jus enuff to fill his tummy, so u may notice ignatius cutting back too.
mother hen said...
aiyo, kara is behaving the same way too, so nerve wreaking. Sometimes she forgoes her meal totally.
said...
thanks M's mommy and mother hen. i'll try and be patient. hubby and i are taking turns to deal with, depending on whose break point comes first. think also maybe coz he's teething his molars. his gums look quite red and swollen and sore.



